Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Foreword

It has been my desire to share my experiences while travelling to places in India and outside too and most of you must have have been in receipt of my mails from time to time for the past two decades or so. I recollect a few mails relating to my travel in Nalgonda District of Andhra Pradesh when I was blessed with a visit to the Holy Jeedigunta Shrines and also Holy Mastya Giri Nrisimha Swamy temple - perhaps the only species of Fish with Thiru Shri Vishnu symbols on their fore head. I am just trying to retrieve my past mails relating to this particular visit and I hope to place before you soon. In the meantime I am placing information relating to my visits to Palem Shri Narasimha Swamy temple of 17th Century, Shri Chaya Someswara Swamy temple of 10th Century, Panagallu Pachala Someswara Swamy Temple, and Cheruvu Gattu Shri Parvati Jadala Shri Ramalingeswara Swamy temple - all of them being unique - surely make us to shed tears to go back to many centuries recollecting the past glory and leave the places with a heavy heart of grief after seeing the ruins. As usual and as was done in other places, the Hindu Culture and Tradition and the excellent artistic treasures were destroyed to the ground by the invaders. They could have atleast appreciated the stone structures - had they been with any little amount of respect to the art and culture of ancient India. Today the ruins make us to feel that our ancestors lived more in a purposefully dignified manner and their lives were REAL LIVES. It is next to impossible to create even a small structure of that value today - though we are rich enough financially. Each temple possess artistic stone carvings - the remains of which might cost a few crores for each temple in each village of India. "Who Said India is Poor ? "

1 comment: